- access your information;
- correct your information; and
- contact us if you are concerned with how your information is being used.
Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect should and hold is what we consider reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information it is generally the kind we ask for in order to provide our services and what arises from these services.
On occasions, we may also receive sensitive information such as health information, including medicines that you use currently or previously, and any other information which you consent to give us and which we are permitted to collect under law.
Personal information collected and held by Acero Training Series about you, may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers; and
- e-mail address.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Acero Training Series collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you including when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS), in documents or by allowing us to take your photograph;
- directly from you, via our internet site and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram or when you tag us in a post;
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
- from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
- from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- from you when you take part in any trade promotion, testimonial, surveys or focus groups we are involved in conducting; and
- in any other way involving a need for personal information to be provided.
Where we take your photo or a video of you, we will generally, where possible, ask your consent prior to our publication.
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely. We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market, either directly or indirectly, our products and services;
- communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
- purchase from you;
- support your purchase of our goods and/or services;
- fulfil any orders or requests with Acero Training Series;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
- identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
- train our employees, agents and representatives;
- conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
- assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues;
- handle complaints and disputes; and detect, investigating and preventing fraud; and
- maintain our records and facilitate day-to-day running of our business.
We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email, Instagram/Facebook direct message or SMS.
We will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities or [dealerships] for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below. We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Acero Training Series. These organisations may include:
- any service provider we engage to carry out business functions and activities;
- our professional advisors and other contractors;
- an organisation that has an arrangement or alliance with us (for example, for the purpose of promoting or using our respective goods or services or conducting a seminar or promotion);
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related bodies corporate; and
- the agent(s) or service providers of any of those entities referred to above.
Those entities are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them or as otherwise set out above. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
Certain entities, including some of our service providers (such as information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by Acero Training Series may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Acero Training Series may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. Acero Training Series will store your personal information in a secure environment. We have taken reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold, please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
Help us ensure we hold accurate information
Acero Training Series takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact:
Making a complaint